Sometimes, we are passionate about changing our computer backgrounds, especially when we see an image that we attracted to and feel captivated by.
Fortunately, Windows allows the users to change their backgrounds at their discretion provided the image or picture is in a format supported by the operating system.
On the contrary, though, GIF is not on the list of the formats supported by Windows 10. The bitmap image can’t be used directly as a background image.
Does that imply that you can’t use your favorite GIF as your background?
No, there are some indirect ways you can use a GIF image as background despite the fact that Windows 10 doesn’t naturally support the image type.
3 Best Tools To Fix GIF Background For Windows 10
If you are wondering How do I set a GIF for background in Windows 1o, then this content is for you! In this blog post, I will tell you the three different ways to set an animated GIF background in Windows 10.
1. Bionix Wallpaper
One of the selling points of BioniX Animated Wallpaper is its ability to turn small FIGs that can’t occupy your desktop into a size that can fit perfectly to the desktop.
The free software allows you to manage your wallpapers according to your preference. You can do the following with this program.
- Create a collection of different wallpapers, including GIFs; the background can change between.
- Decide the frequency of the change.
- Decide the order of the wallpapers arrangement, either randomly, or as defined by you.
To use this software, you should first download it, install it on your computer, and use it for your background. Follow the process listed below to get the desired result.
- Download the software by clicking on the download link.
- Click “Download” after loading the page.
- Once you have successfully downloaded the program, check the folder where you saved it and run the software by double-clicking it.
- The installation wizard will give you onscreen instructions you should follow for the installation.
- Once the installation process has been completed, launch the installed program.
- Click the “Tools” menu and select “Wallpaper animator.”
- Click the folder containing the GIF file you want to use for the background.
- Click on the file you want to use from the list of available animated GIF files.
- Once you click on the file, it will be automatically set as your background.
- When you are through, you can customize the image by working on its quality, playback speed, zoom, and other important features. You can also determine the position where the file should be animated on the desktop.
When you are through with the process, you would have succeeded in changing your background with the GIF file of your choice on your Windows 10.
2. Use Plastuer
Plastuer is another solution to the inability to use a GIF file as your background in Windows 10. The software is also as efficient as BioniX but comes at a price. You can use the software on the Pay What You Want bases and attracts a minimum of $2.
To use this elegant and friendly software, follow the steps discussed below
- Click here to visit the software’s official website.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the website until you find where you can make payment for the software.
- Click “Buy now” to make your payment.
- After making the payment, you will be required to supply your email. Make sure that you enter a valid email where the download link will be sent.
- Click “Confirm” after entering the email.
Note that you don’t have to install this file. Rather, you only run it because it doesn’t require any installation.
To continue the process,
- Check the downloaded zip file and right click on it.
- Click “Extract All.”
- Select the location where you want the file to be extracted and click “Extract.”
- Double click “Plastuer.exe” in the folder where you extracted the file. This will immediately launch the Plastuer program.
- Use the “Select File” option to choose whatever GIF file you intend to use for your wallpaper.
- Search the location where you saved the GIFand select any one of your choices.
- Click “Open” to load the GIF file.
- Click “Save” to save the file.
- Finally, choose the right background color and layout that should go with the GIF.
3. Use Deskscapes 8
Deskscapes is one of the best third-party programs that offer you the opportunity to change your background wallpaper with a GIF file. A product of Stardock, leverage the 30-day trial offered by the company to see how this software program works.
This is the step-by-step guide you can follow to set your computer background with a GIF in Windows 10.
- Download Deskscapes by clicking this download link.
- Accept the 30-day trial offer and download the program.
- Check the folder where you downloaded the executable program and double-click DeskScapes8_cnet-setup.exe.
- It is advisable that you enter the “compatibility mode” to get the desired result. Right-click the set up the file and select “Compatibility mode” from the options. Select Windows 8 for the compatibility setting.
- Check the license agreement box and click “Next.”
- After that, select “Install” from the given options and follow the step-by-step instructions on the screen.
- Although you are using the free trial, you will be required to register with the company and allow verification before you can complete the installation and begin the 30-day free trial.
- Head to WinCustomize and search for new images you can use for the background.
- When you find attractive ones, download them to your personal computer.
- To make the image useful via DeskScapes, double-click any of the downloaded images. You can then set it as your background image.
So, you have come to know the GIF wallpaper Windows 10 download. Yes! These are three of the best ways you can override the restriction on using GIF images as background in Windows 10.
Use any of the third-party programs by following the installation instructions and set the GIF of your choice as your computer background effortlessly.