After seeing a great picture that seems to be perfect for your project or website, you take a screenshot of the image with the mind of cropping and editing it for later use.
Sadly, you have no idea how to go about this, and you seem to be at a loss. Well, if that is your current situation, don’t give up.
This article will address that issue and show you some simple ways you can effortlessly edit and crop screenshot on your Mac system like a pro.
Different Ways To Edit & Crop The Image On MacBook
1. Use The Preview App
The Preview App is a built-in Mac feature that is pretty easy to use and can assist you to easily crop an image and edit it.
This app offers some editing features such as resizing, cropping, annotating, rotating, and other similar features that can be used for editing images.
Before you can tweak an image with this app, you must first get the image into the Preview. This is how to go about that:
- Double-click the image to open it in the Preview. This is the default method.
- Alternatively, right click on the image file, choose “Open With” and then select “Preview.”
- A third way you can open the Preview app is to do that via the Launchpad, Applications folder. You can also press the Command + Space buttons to open Spotlight Search from where you can easily launch the Preview feature.
Once you have the Preview open, then open the image to be worked on by:
- Click “File”
- Select “New from Clipboard.” This command will automatically import the image file to the Preview page from the clipboard.
- Edit the image to your satisfaction and copy it back to the clipboard by using the “Edit” and “Copy” commands.
2. Use The Photos Feature
This feature is built into every Mac, and you will find it a very useful editing tool. The powerful editing tool is also easy to use and comes along with some valuable features such as sharing and photo organization.
With the feature, you can give that professional touch to images to make them stand out and attractive to viewers on your social media pages.
The following process will help you get the job done in no time:
- Double click any photo in the library to open it.
- In the toolbar, click “Edit.”
- Alternatively, select the photo you want to edit and press Command + Return to open the photo in the Edit view.
- In the toolbar, click a middle tab to reveal the editing tools such as Filters, Adjust, and Crop.
- When editing, the toolbar’s slider can be used to zoom the photo in for a better view of the photo and to make editing easier.
- When you are done with the tweaking, click “Done.”
As a precautionary measure, you should endeavor to update your Mac software before you embark on the editing process. This assures that you are using the current version of the operating system.
How To Crop An Image On Mac Device?
There are tons of cropping techniques on Mac. I will discuss two of them.
1. Using Preview
The Preview feature of Mac is not for editing pictures alone. This feature is also good for cropping images. It is important that you select the area you wish to crop first before cropping it.
- In order to select the area, simply drag your mouse cursor over the areas you intend to crop out. This will leave you with dotted lines around the selected area.
- Then click the blue dots visible on the center and corners on the screen and drag it. This will automatically adjust the selected area.
- Press the K and Command keys to get rid of the portion of the image outside the selected area.
- Alternatively, go to the Preview menu bar and click on “Tools.”
- Choose “Crop” from the list of options.
You may receive a message from an alert box informing you that the area outside of the selected area is not deleted but hidden. Thus, the cropped off area may appear in some other programs.
This affords you the opportunity to revert to the original image whenever you want.
2. Crop With The Photo Feature
The Photo feature is also great for image cropping. It is also very easy to use and will get the job done within a couple of minutes.
In order to crop an image with this feature, follow the steps outlined below:
- Open the image in the Photo view and a selection rectangle will appear.
- Drag the rectangle by its corners or edge. The cropped image will appear as soon as you release the selection rectangle.
- Straighten the image with the number dial that is usually located at the right of the image. The image will be aligned to the number with the assistance of a grid that appears on the image as you move the number dial.
For better cropping, you can use the two cropping options. These are:
- Aspect: There are several ratios to choose from, depending on.
- Flip: The Flip option can be used to flip the image horizontally or vertically.
With these two tools, you have what you need to have a perfect cropped image that will be useful for whatever you want to do.
These are some of the powerful tools that can give a new life to your image. With the right editing, you can put a professional touch on your photo and get a wow result from others who see the photo.
You can equally crop out unwanted portions of an image and have a great image that will serve your purpose. You don’t have to be stuck with a great image with a little blemish or a feature that you don’t need.
The tools discussed in this article will ensure that you can do both editing and image cropping on your Mac computer without stress. The ball is in your court.